Happy Wednesday, y’all! Today marks my 2nd Anniversary on YouTube. I never imagined I would still be doing YouTube videos two years later. When I started my channel, it was after giving a survey on my blog. I had basically hit a brick wall with my space and needed something to push it forward. So, I created a survey and a lot of people wanted to see videos added to my channel.
At first, I laughed. I am not a good public speaker. Yes, I am a teacher, but in some way it is different. I let the idea roll around in my head for a couple of months and I thought, “What do I have to lose?” If it doesn’t work out, then at least I can say I tried.
I was really hesitant because I didn’t know how my accent would be perceived. I have a deep Southern accent and I was nervous about opening up to criticism.
That first video was really a hilarious sight behind the camera. It took me 20 minutes to say, “Hey! This is Kristin and Welcome to The Gold Project.” I literally had to go wake my husband up and have him stand behind the camera for me to get it right.
And, my only real goal on my channel was to hit 500 subscribers in 8 months, so I could change my channel URL. Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought I would almost be at 10,000 subscribers in 2 years. I owe it all to you guys. Thank you for supporting me and following me along this journey.
Now, to the actual video information. When I was trying to come up with a topic for my 2nd Anniversary, I wanted to do something different. And, I thought what better way for you guys to get to know me better than with a random facts video. So, in this video, I share 50 random facts about me. Some of them are pretty light and entertaining and others are deeply personal.
I am putting all of the facts below, but I go into detail on each one in the video. So, I hope you check out my video as well. 🙂
50 Random Facts About Me
- I was named after Kristin from Dallas and my mom.
- My childhood nickname was Speck because of my freckles. I still have family members that call me that too.
- I was born with one foot that turned in, so I had to wear bar shoes when I slept that forced my leg to correct itself.
- I have scoliosis.
- I have one sibling.
- My husband and I were high school sweethearts.
- I am a coach’s wife.
- I was a cheerleader from 5th – 10th
- I come from a divorced family.
- When I was little, I would sing Whitney Houston’s “I Will Always Love You” to the top of my lungs in my bedroom with a hair brush.
- My vision is so bad that I would be considered legally blind without contacts or glasses.
- I do not wear high heels. I don’t even own a pair.
- I have never tried a cigarette.
- I still have my baby blanket.
- My husband walked me half way down the aisle.
- I am a born and raised Southerner.
- I have two kids: Kate and Derrick
- I have two pets: Armani and Bella
- My dryer works as my iron.
- I can’t fold a fitted sheet.
- I use static guard instead of hairspray.
- Making my bed in the morning is a must.
- I bundle up when I sleep no matter what the weather may be.
- I’m a Disney Fanatic.
- I have been GF since July 19, 2015.
- Originally, I went to college to major in Fashion Merchandising.
- I did not like to read until 2015.
- I do not like to be alone.
- I wear a tank top under almost everything.
- My favorite actress is Reese Witherspoon.
- I listen to all types of music… just depends on my mood.
- I love monogramming.
- I’m a jeans and t-shirt type of girl.
- I do not own or want a pair of cowboy boots.
- My favorite season is fall.
- I despise clutter. It gives me anxiety and like I can’t breathe.
- I like to car jam.
- I’m an introvert.
- I would rather eat the cookie dough than the actual baked cookies.
- My favorite movie is The Notebook.
- I had horrible post-partum depression after having my daughter.
- I am not a good liar.
- I have a life list.
- I want to zip line.
- I still can’t read the book, Love You Forever, to my kids.
- My planner goes everywhere with me and I am the only one who touches it.
- My favorite tv shows are This Is Us, The Walking Dead, The Golden Girls, and Mama’s Family
- I have a Rae Dunn obsession.
- If I had a chance to work with any 3 companies, I would choose Erin Condren, Target, and The Container Store.
- I have taught myself everything about blogging and YouTube.