Happy Monday, friends! May 31st marks my 5th Blogiversary (blog anniversary), so I thought I would celebrate by doing a little Q&A video and giveaway. I started my blog on May 31st of 2011. I am sure you have heard my blog creation story, but in case you haven’t, I’ll give you a little quick summary.
In 2011, I had settled into my teaching career, but I still wasn’t fulfilling that internal void that I had created for myself. In a nutshell, I felt like I was living one of those robotic lives. Get up, go to work, come home, eat, take a bath, go to bed, and repeat. I wanted more out of life that living by a complete routine daily. So, out of the blue, I decided to start a blog to try to find my passion in life. It took me about 6 months, but I found it. I had no idea what I was doing at first and had no idea why I was even blogging. I blogged about every random topic under the sun. Every single thing you see on this blog has been a created through a lot of research and trial and error. From my sidebar to my menu tabs to my content.
Now, I work full-time as a teacher and call my blog/YouTube channel brand my “side hustle.” Thanks to Miss Trenchcoat for introducing me to that fitting name. I get excitement out of creating content for you guys. A lot of my extra time is spent right here and I wouldn’t have it any other way.
In this video, I answer the following questions:
- Do I cook?
- Do I meal plan?
- Do I pack lunches?
- Am I from Arkansas or did I move here?
- Do I plan on having anymore children?
- Can I give a home tour?
- What are some of my favorite gluten free foods?
- What are some of my favorite current books?
- Do I enjoy traveling? What was my favorite trip and where do I hope to travel to one day?
- Do my coworkers and students know about my blog/YouTube channel? What do they think? Do they watch?
- What is my summer schedule like once school is out? Do I follow a daily routine? Do I have a cleaning schedule?
- Do my husband and I take summer off since we are both teachers or do we have part-time jobs?
- What are my thoughts on choosing a career?
- Pros and cons of teaching.
- Where do I store my old planners? Do I ever look at them?
- How long have I been doing purges and organization? Do I see it as never ending?
- How do I find time to stay organized?
I hope you watch my Q&A video, enjoy it, and subscribe. And, don’t forget to enter my giveaway below. 🙂
Don’t forget to enter using the Rafflecopter below. I will choose two winners. Open internationally! Must be 18 years of age to enter!