This month, I am giving y’all a peek at some of my favorite Vera Bradley products. I have been a lover of Vera Bradley ever since I was in college (2000 – 2005). During that time, I didn’t have a lot of extra spending money, so all I could do was look at the Vera bags in the store. I had my heart set on a duffel for the longest time, but didn’t want my mom to pay that much money on a bag for me when she was spending a lot just helping me out with school.
Then, when I got out of college, I went a little crazy. Up until last summer, I had a large duffel, small duffel and two cosmetic bags in Chelsea Green, a messenger bag, lunch bag, several lanyards, purses, wallets, card holders, plus several pairs of flip flops and beach towels. I was getting tired of the same prints, so I sold everything and started over from scratch except for the beach towels (which are amazing, I might add).
I had all of those items for awhile and wanted to invest in some new prints. And, that is exactly what I have been doing. I have gradually purchased my new Vera Bradley items or received them as gifts. Remember, I sold all of my other Vera items, so I had some extra cash to help with the purchasing.
I own all of these styles in the prints shown, except for the hipster. I have owned 3 in the past, but still trying to determine which print I like the best in this style.
1. Messenger – I carried the old style messenger for two years back and forth from school (remember, I am a teacher). The poor thing should’ve looked like a mess after my second year carrying it, but it didn’t. It still looked brand new. After hauling that bag everywhere, I knew that Vera Bradley fabric was some of the best around. If it could stand the wear and tear of large books, binders, pencils, and pens then it is pretty amazing in my book. I love crossbody bags that allow me to walk around free-handed. And, that is exactly what this bag helped me accomplish. It never got too heavy to carry either. So, I decided to invest in a new one in one of my favorite new prints: heather.
2. Hipster – Just like the messenger, the hipster is a crossbody bag. It may look small, but this little beauty can hang with those big bags. I have crammed so much stuff into these purses. And, Vera Bradley updated the design a few years ago, which was a huge improvement. The strap and actual bag are held together by a silver ring now instead of a small bar. My first hipster was the old design and my straps looked horrible after awhile of carrying it. My other ones were the new design and the silver ring helped keep the strap looking new. These bags are excellent when traveling or going to an amusement park or zoo.
3. Get Carried Away Tote – I have eyed this bag ever since Vera Bradley launched their Be Colorful campaign in the summer of 2010 and I saw Vera Bradley ambassadors walking the city streets with this bag passing out goodies.
Almost four years later, I can now say I am a proud owner of this bag. My hubby bought me one in Canterberry Magenta for Valentine’s Day. And, let me just say, it is HUGE!!! It is going to make a great traveling bag.
4. Ditty Bag – My husband ordered my Get Carried Away Tote through QVC. They had a set that included the Get Carried Away Tote and Ditty Bag for an awesome price. It was almost like I was getting his little beauty for free. I had never really wanted a Ditty Bag until I opened it. It is lined on the inside, so it will make a great bag for wet clothes at the beach or pool, for baby goodies, or for putting shampoo bottles in when traveling. It is a lot bigger than it appears in the picture too.
5. Large Duffel – The duffel was the first Vera Bradley bag I ever owned. It has been my favorite from the very beginning and it is still one of my favorites today. They wash great… wear great… and, are definitely worth the money. When I sold my very first one last year, it still looked as new as it did the day I received it. They are great for weekend getaways or week long trips. And, since they are made of a light weight fabric, you can cram as much stuff as possible in them.
Disclosure: Vera Bradley did not sponsor this post. I own or have owned all of the products above. The opinions given are solely mine. Vera Bradley has been one of my favorite companies for awhile now and I wanted to show them some love today.