Happy New Year to everyone! I started reading all of the end of 2011 & beginning of 2012 status updates on Facebook and it got me thinking. What is my overall reaction to the year 2011? So, I spent New Year’s Eve thinking and thinking and thinking. I decided to make a list of all the positive things that went on in 2011, and here are some of the highlights.
1) I started this blog, which has now become a passion of mine!
2) My daughter had her adenoids removed in June, and she hasn’t been nearly as sick since.
3) My husband & the Tiger football team made it to the quarterfinals in football.
4) We took our daughter to St. Louis & to the zoo for the first time.
5) We actually made it through potty-training and lived to tell about it.
6) After several years, I received a visit from my college BFF! We definitely need to start seeing each other more often.
7) My puppy, Armani, came back to live with us.
8) My sister got engaged to a great guy!
9) My baby became a toddler and moved from her crib to a big girl double bed (this one is a little sad too).
10) I have worked on a relationship that I hope continues to grow.
11) My family has remained healthy! Besides the occasional virus or cold, we haven’t had any major illnesses.
12) We are able to pay our bills every month!
13) I live in a house that I consider my HOME (now that is a biggie)!
14) We have a very intelligent daughter (even though sometimes I am not sure if that is a good thing).
15) We have parents that would drop everything to spend time with Kate, so mommy and daddy can have some time together.
And, the list could go on and on… At first thought, I really didn’t think that 2011 was all that special, but now that I have taken time to really go through my blessings, I think otherwise. That is why we shouldn’t take anything for granted.
Now, on to 2012… I am really excited about this new year. I can’t wait to see what this year has in store for me and my family. I think it is going to be an awesome year! I made a list of things that I would love to do in 2012. I plan to revisit this list at the end of this year (Can you tell I like lists?!?!?!?!).
1) Redo our dining room.
2) Become pregnant with our 2nd baby, if God feels it is time.
3) Take a family vacation (it doesn’t have to be anything major because it is about creating memories that matter the most).
4) Continue improving my blog (got to keep it interesting and fun for y’all to read).
5) Ask God to watch over my family and make sure that we all stay healthy.
Remember, all good things start with a plan! Have you thought about making a list of goals for the new year?
Happy New Year to everyone! I hope this year is filled with love, happiness, good health, and lots of laughs for everyone and their families.
Much Love to All,