My birthday and Christmas are exactly one week apart. I am a New Years baby; born on January 1st. So, I usually give my family a Christmas and birthday list together. This year, it was actually really hard to come up with a list for anyone. My wishlist gets shorter the older I get. I feel bad when my family spends their hard earned money on me.
But, after some thought and evaluation of my needs, this is what I came up with. And, let me say that I got several laughs and odd looks over some of these items.
Side note: Some family members couldn’t believe I asked for organization items, planner included. But, that is me and what I love!
(starting at the top left and going clockwise)
1. Pink 3-drawer filing cabinet by CB2 – For the longest, I have been using a small tabletop mesh file box that I purchased at The Container Store. It is very handy and I love it, but with a growing family, it got to be too small. Right now, I am actually using two of the mesh file boxes and they are sitting on my office floor. So, a filing cabinet is definitely in order. And, yes, the picture is the actual one I am getting. PINK! I will be the main one using it, so I went with pink. Plus, it was on sale. Score for me! Oh, I should mention that my mom is purchasing it for me for my birthday. I have gotten to where I usually pick out the presents, order them, and she pays for them. It works great for us!
2. The Vintage Tote by Whipping Post – Here I go again with another Pretty Shiny Sparkly video. I saw Kristina post two videos about this bag and immediately started doing some research. Every single review I saw stated nothing but positive things about the durability and quality of this bag. It is a little pricey, but it is the only thing I am asking my husband to get me for my birthday.
3. Original Tall Gloss Rain Boots in black by Hunter Boots – These boots have almost made my Christmas list for the past 3 years. No joke! But, I couldn’t ask someone to purchase these boots for me because of the price. I thought it was a lot of money for a pair of rain boots. Fast forward 3 years… I have purchased two pairs of rain boots that haven’t worked so well. So, I should’ve just asked for the Hunter boots in the first place. They have faded and not held up very well. And, I must say that I actually wear my rain boots. So, this year, the Hunter boots have made the list.
4. Rotary Belgian Waffle Maker by Black & Decker – My husband bought me one of these for Christmas a couple of years ago. And, it was one of the best presents he has ever bought me. We used it at least once a week. Great quality, didn’t burn the waffles, and easy to clean. Well, then my son got ahold of it. I had it in the bottom cabinet in the kitchen. Derrick went to pull something out of the cabinet and the cord was attached to whatever he was pulling out. The waffle maker fell out of the cabinet on the handle and completely broke it off. I was so sad!
5. Elfa Cabinet-Size Mesh Drawer Solution @ The Container Store – Every year, The Container Store has an annual Elfa sale starting at the end of December where everything is 30% off. Last year, I purchased two dressers that I am using around my house. This year, I wanted something that I could use to tackle and organize my toiletries under my bathroom sink. It is an absolute mess! Y’all will see posts of it in January (hopefully).
6. Kate Spade Wellesley Agenda in black @ Kate Spade Outlet – You guys know that I purchased a Filofax to use for my 2015 planner. Well, everyone kept talking about the Kate Spade Wellesley planner on my facebook groups and YouTube videos. So, I wanted one of those too. I thought I could switch them out throughout 2015 when I felt the need for a change. I asked my mom if she would buy me one and she agreed (with a little confusion on why I wanted a planner for Christmas). So, I called the Kate Spade outlet in St. Louis and they mailed my mom one with free shipping.
7. Shark® Pet Perfect™ II 18 volt Cordless Hand Vac @ Target – Let me say that every time my kiddos spill something on the floor, we have to get out our large vacuum to take care of the mess. Well, this momma is a little tired of doing that. We have been in need of a quick handheld vacuum for a long time and haven’t asked for one. So, this year, we are hoping that my mother-in-law buys us one.
8. American Eagle Artist & Kick Boot jeans – For years, I have been wearing different styles of Old Navy jeans. I like them, but I am ready for something new. So, after doing some research (I know, I research everything), I decided to try the American Eagle jeans. I went to the store, tried on several different styles, and decided to go with the Artist and Kick Boot styles. I didn’t make a purchase that day. I went home and waited until they had a great sale. Well, I am so glad I waited. My mom purchased me 4 pairs of jeans (2 for Christmas and 2 for my birthday) when they were having their BOGO 50% off plus an extra 25%. She got me 4 pairs of jeans for $80.00. Score!
And, that is my 2014 wishlist. I would love to hear what you are really wanting for Christmas.