I like to share the items that I put on my Christmas and birthday wish list not to brag, but because I love to see those type of posts. And, because it gives me a way to document my holiday lists. I don’t include everything, but a good variety. My birthday and Christmas are exactly one week apart. I am a New Years baby; born on January 1st. So, I usually give my family a Christmas and birthday list together.
Now, let me add that most of my Christmas presents are picked out and purchased by me because that is what I choose to do. My husband’s gifts are all surprises, though. I will pick them out and my family pays for them. Some may feel that takes the fun out of Christmas presents, but it doesn’t for me. I like to price compare. I may want something really bad, but I do not want my family members paying full price for it. I want them to get my presents at good deals. So, I will watch the items I want until the price drops low. And, I will add that most of these items were purchased for a discounted price. 🙂
(starting at the top left and going clockwise)
1. Cuisinart DCC-2650 Brew Central 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker – When we moved from Missouri to Arkansas last year, our coffee maker didn’t make the trip. Well, actually it did, but it got messed up in the process. So, we have been using a “make do” coffeemaker ever since. My husband and I are pretty big coffee drinkers too. We have to have a cup every morning before work. Then, sometimes in the evening, we will have another. It just depends on the day. The coffeemaker we have currently isn’t the best and if we don’t watch out and place the filter in the top perfectly, the area will fill with water and leak out of the sides. It is frustrating. So, we decided to ask for a nice coffeemaker for Christmas. Like always, I did my research and price compared. And, this one was the best I found without spending a fortune.
2. Vera Bradley Grand Traveler in Pink Swirls – I am pretty loyal to Vera Bradley when it comes to luggage pieces. Next summer, we are taking our first big family vacation and I am super excited. So, you know me, I had to start evaluating my luggage pieces. Christmas time is the perfect time to get a few things that I need for the trip. I do not have any major luggage pieces. I have a large Vera Bradley duffel and a Thirty-One gifts duffel, but those wouldn’t make good week long trip bags, unless I took several of them. So, I decided to ask for a piece now and one before the trip. So, after much debate, I decided to go with the Vera Bradley Grand Traveler. I thought it would be perfect for toiletries and extras. And, I chose a pattern that was on sale too.
3. J Crew Factory Quilted Puffer Vest in Navy – I really wanted one of these vests last year, but by the time I realized it, they were sold out. So, this year, I asked for it super early. I am talking August early. So, I am hoping my husband gets it for me. 😉
4. Henri Bendel 4 Piece Cosmetic Bag Set – I am a sucker for bags! I think I actually have an obsession. For years I thought I was a shoe person, until I realized I wasn’t, which was about the time I discovered the planner community. I couldn’t believe there were others just like me obsessed with planning. Then, my obsession started with planner bags and trickled down into all types of bags. Cosmetic bags are no exception. This summer when I was watching Jen’s (from Pretty Neat Living) packing organization video over her toiletries and cosmetic cases, I fell in love with the Henri Bendel one.
5. Patagonia Re-Tool Snap-T in Tailored Grey/Nickel/Emerald – And, sometimes, I see my students wearing cute things that get added to my wish list. That is exactly how this beauty got added to my list.
6. Kendra Scott Dylan Necklace in Rhodium/Blue Cats Eye – I have been eyeing the Kendra Scott Dylan necklace ever since I saw it on Sheaffer’s blog, Pinterest Told Me To… But, I knew I couldn’t pay $60.00 for it. Then, Nordstrom had some of the colors marked down to 50% off, so I asked my sister-in-law to get it for me for Christmas. I am super excited about owning my first Kendra Scott piece.
7. Under Armour 1/2 Zip Space Dye Pullover in Jazz Blue and Cyber Orange – If you have seen my last couple of Christmas and Birthday wish lists, you probably know I am a pretty big Under Armour fan. Their clothes may be on the pricey side, but they last. I have hoodies that are almost 5 years old that still look brand new and that is with me wearing them nonstop during the winter months. Back in September, I was walking through Academy Sports when I saw this pullover on the end of a rack. I think my mouth dropped open. I immediately took my phone out and took several pictures, which is what I am known to do when shopping. I will find something I like, take a picture of it, then search for the best price online. I found it online and asked my sister to get it for me for Christmas. So, fingers crossed that it is sitting under my mom’s Christmas tree. Then, I was searching one of my favorite online discount sites, 6pm.com, when I ran across the orange color one for $15.00 off. Score! So, my mother-in-law agreed to get that one for me for Christmas.
8. Barefoot Dreams Drape Front Cardigan aka the Blardigan – I blame this one on Scheaffer from Pinterest Told Me To. She has an awesome fashion blog that is for us everyday women. You know, a blog where you can actually afford what she shows. I found her blog while I was searching the web in July looking for Nordstrom’s Anniversary Sale picks. I kept seeing her post about a “blardigan” that was a little pricey, but was an amazing investment. Plus, it was on sale during the anniversary sale. This wasn’t the first time she had mentioned it either. I saw many posts where she talked about her love for this apparel item. Then, I kept reading all of the comments and they were raving about them too. So, I put it on my mom’s Christmas wish list. So the verdict is still out. I will definitely let you know my opinion if it is sitting under the Christmas tree.
9. Henri Bendel Jetsetter Convertible Backpack in Hot Pink – I had my heart set on the black Henri Bendel Jetsetter backpack after looking long and hard for a backpack purse. Then, I saw this picture and the rest is history… Fingers crossed that my husband got the not-so-subtle hints (insert laughter).
10. American Eagle Artist Blue Jeans – For some reason, jeans are something I do not tend to buy myself. I don’t know why, but I have a hard time spending money on jeans. Which comes across as odd because they are my absolute favorite thing to wear. So, I always ask my mom to purchase me a few pairs for both my birthday and Christmas and American Eagle Artist jeans are my favorite ones.
11. Orla Kiely for Target Meadow Collection – Last, but definitely not least is the pieces from the new Orla Kiely Meadow collection. I found out about the Orla Kiely pouches at Target about two years ago and have been kinda obsessed ever since. Their basic purpose is as makeup pouches, but they also make awesome planner pouches. And, that is how I plan on using them. Definitely look forward to a post and video over that if I get them as gifts.
So, what is on your Christmas wish list? I would love to hear.