Back-to-School time has arrived! Well, actually, it has been around for about a month, but my moving threw my schedule off. Does anyone else get giddy at the sight of school supplies? I can’t help myself. I could fill an entire Target cart with brightly colored planners, pens, folders, and organizers. School supplies make me happy and life is about the simple things, right?!?!
Being a teacher, back-to-school means new supplies just like for the kiddos. Every year, I try to buy a few goodies for myself to help me get excited about the upcoming school year. This year, I think it is safe to say Vera Bradley is the trend with my schooll supplies goodies.
(starting at the top left and going clockwise)
1.Vera Bradley messenger bag in heather – This is my favorite Vera Bradley bag! I love anything that has a crossbody style because it allows me to have my hands free (remember, I have two kiddos). Unfortunately, I think they are discontinuing this bag. I am hoping they come out with an updated style, but I am not going to get my hopes up. I love it so much that I purchased a second one this weekend in Va Va Bloom just in case they do not update the style.
2. Vera Bradley pushlock wristlet in tutti frutti – For the last couple of months, I have realized that I carry TOO MUCH stuff on a daily basis. I really do not have enough arms to carry my kiddos things, plus my purse. So, I purchased this little number to put my driver’s license, cash, my debit card, and checkbook in. I can grab this one little wristlet and toss it in Derrick’s bag. One less bag to carry equals one happy mommy.
3. Vera Bradley lanyard in tutti frutti – You might be seeing a pattern here with my tutti frutti print. It is one of my favorite prints and Vera Bradley recently retired it. So, I got some really good deals this summer. I have carried a lanyard every year I have been a teacher. I like to carry my school keys around my neck, so I know where they are at all times. I had one in very berry paisley, but after several years of daily use, it needed to be replaced. So, I purchased one in tutti frutti!
4. Vera Bradley lunch sack in tutti frutti – I like to carry my lunch to work daily. I like this lunch box because it is insulted, has a nice amount of room inside, plus if something gets spilled on it, you can wipe it clean.
5. Mr. Sketch markers – I may be a secondary education teacher, but that doesn’t mean I don’t like fun stickers and markers. I like to use these markers to grade papers and write on student work because they are scented. I was one of those students that truly got excited when my teacher put a scratch-n-sniff sticker on my paper.
6. BIC Mark-It ultra-fine point markers – I love to use these on my blog calendar. Once I make a post, I write the title in a bright and fun color on my posting calendar. Color makes me happy!
7. Dabney Lee Hexagon weekly/monthly planner @ Target – The link I have provided is for their actually company Website, but I purchased mine at Target. It is broken up into a weekly planner and monthly calendar. I use the weekly planner to actually organize and plan my upcoming blog posts. And, I use the monthly calendar to post the title of the posts that I make (after I make them). Do I use one for teaching? I actually purchased one for teaching, but I prefer to type up my lesson plans, hole punch them, and place them in a binder.
My list is pretty simple, but these are all of my 2014-2015 Back-to-School favorites! Do you have any school supplies that you like to purchase every year?