I am going to be honest! I haven’t been this excited about a post since my office transformation post two years ago. I have been working on this little corner since December and I am finally getting it done, minus the drawer and cabinet knobs (expect to see those in a later post). Have you ever tried to purchase knobs? Wow! So many choices that I am having a hard time deciding.
Back to the topic at hand…
When I left off with my office transformation (two years ago), this is what the corner looked like…
Then, by December of last year, this is what it looked like…
If you follow me on Instagram, you probably recognize that picture. Instead of being an area that I LOVED, I actually hated it. I didn’t like the pegboard, the wrapping paper organizer ended up being a disaster, and it became my new catch-all spot. Amazing how that happens when you don’t care about the space.
So, I started searching Pinterest for new ideas for this area. And, I found Heidi’s blog, Honeybear Lane, which was a blessing to me at the time. She had just created a pegboard that I LOVED and had a step-by-step tutorial on how to create a framed pegboard. I mean, how stinking cute is this pegboard?
So, off to Lowe’s we (you know I had to drag my husband along) went with our directions in hand. And, after 5 months of creating, tweaking, and adding elements to this area, here is the final result…
Before & After
My Craft Corner Supply List:
- Pegboard materials – Lowe’s
- “Create” letters – Hobby Lobby
- Gold metalic spray paint for letters – Valspar @ Lowe’s
- Small striped buckets – party supply section @ Wal-Mart
- Small wooden box – JoAnn
- Thread rack holding washi tape (spray painted pink) – JoAnn
- Craft cart – see post
- White mesh basket with hooks – Michaels
- White basket on wall – Elfa @ The Container Store
- Small green bucket in middle (holding change… must keep away from my daughter) – Dollar Tree
- DIY lucite tray – see post
- Red oval basket on craft cart – clearance purchase at Trees N Trends
- White paper organizer – The Container Store (clear version)
- Green basket – Sterilite @ Wal-Mart
I think I covered everything I used, but if not, please don’t hesitate to comment below or email me and I will update the post.