This year, I was a little hesitant about putting up my Christmas tree. My 9-month-old son gets into everything. Seriously! He even likes to pick up lint off the floor to eat. I think mommy spends more time with her fingers in his mouth trying to pry out things than anything else. I don’t remember my daughter doing that, but I hear boys are a lot different than girls. Never a dull moment in the Morgan household! So, I just knew Derrick + a Christmas tree = a disaster.
Even with my hesitation, I put it up as I usually do and the ornaments were no exception. I hang all of my ornaments with the cheapo green $0.99 wire hooks.
I removed all of the wire hooks and used the ribbon instead.
- The ribbon is safer for everyone.
- The ribbon can remain on the ornaments after the holidays and be stored until next holiday season.
- The ribbon is cheaper in the long run… See #2.
- The ribbon can be made any length. The wire hooks are one set size.
- Ribbon isn’t a seasonal item, so it can be purchased at any time.