Over the weekend, I climbed in my attic to look through some of my Halloween decorations. Let me just say, I wasn’t impressed. It is amazing how your taste and style can change from one year to the next. What I purchased five years ago isn’t even something I am interested in pulling out to use.
After a quick view of my attic contents, I decided not to use any of it. Everything that I like is located inside my home in my kitchen nook.
I did make a few new purchases this year and after this venture, I have realized that I need to do a lot more holiday decoration shopping.
I did have enough of my favorite things to decorate my kitchen table.
Side note: The table isn’t anything fancy. I just wanted something simple and cute! Remember, I have small kiddos. They like cutesy things… And, mommy does too!!!
Nothing special, but I like it! I do plan on decorating the inside of the metal pumpkins. I just have to decide how to decorate it.
Here is where I got the items:
- Black tablecloth – Mainstays at Wal-Mart
- Orange & white chevron table runner – Appleberry Attic through Very Jane
- Ivory cake stand – clearance section at Target
- Metal pumpkins – old (I can’t even remember where I purchased them. They are some of my favorite decorations, though).
- Owl cookie jar – Burton and Burton: There is a nice story behind this little guy. If you haven’t noticed yet, I really like owls. Last fall, I would pass by one of our local pharmacies on the way to drop my daughter off at daycare. And, everyday, I would see this little fellow staring at me in the window display. I would have to take a glance each day to make sure no one had purchased him. One day I drove by and they had a 25% off sale on all fall merchandise. I glanced at the window display and he was still sitting there. Needless to say, the rest is history!!! 😉
- Owl plate – Silvestri Glass Fusion by Lori Siebert