Valentine’s Day is not a holiday that I normally spend a lot of time on. I love the concept of the holiday, but it is extremely hard to find decor in the stores. It seems like they go straight from Christmas to Easter in the retail market (except for the candy). So, I have learned that you have to get really creative when these type of holidays roll around. And, in the past, I haven’t had a lot of extra time to plan.
This year, once the new year hit, I made it a priority. My kids enjoy the house being decorated and so does mommy. I purchased one or two things that I could use for other holidays and created a few things.
Remember, this year I am focusing on my kitchen table. Hopefully, once the new school year begins, I will be able to expand my decorating (fingers crossed).
Today is all about my table and tomorrow will be about the “how to” and printable.
- Red tablecloth – Mainstay @ Wal-Mart
- Hot pink & white tablerunner – The Pretty Owl Boutique through Etsy
- White porcelain pitcher – Threshold @ Target
- Branches in pitcher – from my yard (spray painted them with a small amount of white)
- Red & pink hearts on branches – Dollar Tree
- Clear jar – TJ Maxx
- Pink & red rose petals – Hobby Lobby
- White porcelain cake pedestal – Target
- Valentine’s printable – see tomorrow’s post