Let me start by saying that the Planner World can be a bit overwhelming. There are so many charms, printables, paper clips, pens, etc. that you can purchase for your planner. When I first started looking, I had to stop and contain my excitement. I wanted to purchase every sticker and stamp that I saw.
But, before breaking the bank, I decided to evaluate my planner before making any purchases.
What theme was I wanting? What were the main accessories that I wanted for my planner? What were the most important accessories I wanted to purchase?
I wanted accessories that would match my planner (the Finsbury Filofax in Electric Blue) and items that I was actually going to use. I didn’t want to purchase accessories just because they were pretty darn cute. I wanted to use them too.
I am honestly not a big sticker person. I may eventually slide into that part of planning, but I felt I needed to start simple first.
After evaluating my planner goals, I decided I needed some cute paper clips, pens, and charms, of course…
1. Oli Clips in Tartan @ OliBlock on Etsy – During my Filofax research, I kept seeing planners with these adorable and colorful clips. I thought they were the cutest things ever and felt I HAD to have them. I purchased mine from OliBlock on Etsy. They have several different types of these clips. These are the larger Oli Clips and they are amazing! You would not think they would be able to contain a few sheets of paper let alone a set. Well, don’t let their appearance fool you. These are the strongest magnets I have ever seen.
2. Classic Oli Clips @ OliBlock on Etsy – I loved the Oli Clips so much that I ordered the smaller original ones as well. They are small, but mighty! OliBlock has amazing shipping as well. I highly recommend using them.
3. Papermate Flair Pens – I have all intention of trying out new pens for my planner, but these are the ones I have on hand and have used in the past on my planners. I really like them and they do not bleed through on my pages (I am not sure if it will show the same results for other planners). I love the colors too!
4. Rapesco 6 Hole Diary Punch @ Amazon – Let me start out by saying this is not particularly for an A5 planner. With some patience and practice, it can be used for the A5, though. But, don’t feel it is going to be perfect for the A5 out of the box. After watching several YouTube videos, I finally got the hang of using it. I used it to set up my entire planner.
5. Girl of All Work Adhesive Organization Tabs @ The Container Store – I used the month tabs for my planner. I am saving the extras in case I want to add them later. I thought they were really colorful and matched my planner perfectly. I attached them to cardstock and then, laminated the cardstock. You may be wondering if I paid to have them shipped to me and the answer would be, “No.” My sister lives near The Container Store and she was sweet enough to pick me up a set.
6. Kate Spade Bow Paper Clips – Another accessory that I realized almost every planner addict had in their planner or wanted really bad. They are adorable in person and good quality clips.
7. Filofax A5 Ziplock Envelope @ Amazon – I plan on using this little envelope for receipts or my checkbook. It is very handy to have an extra storage pocket in your planner. You can see my zippered pouch in the picture below.
In addition to these accessories, I also purchased a set of planner charms from Planner Candy Charms on facebook. Definitely check out all of the adorable planner charms on Christine’s page.
Stay tuned tomorrow to see my new planner cart!