As I was trying to decide on the product that I was going to spotlight this month, I reminded myself that I needed to complete my daughter’s 3rd year Shutterfly book. Her birthday was in March. Every year, I put together a digital scrapbook on Shutterfly of every month and event that we had in our family. Then, at the end of the year (after her next birthday), I have it printed through their Website.
With this thought in mind, I had a light bulb moment. “I will do my product spotlight over Shutterfly photo books.” At the moment, I have completed 6 (almost 7) books that I keep in my fireproof safe. These books include:
1. The Arrival of Our Angel – a book about my pregnancy with my daughter.
2. Sometimes It is Just Meant to Be – a book about the relationship between my husband and I . Remember, we were high school sweethearts! I wanted to create a book that we could show our children one day.
3. Kate’s First Year – a book over the first year of my daughter’s life. I collect photos from each month and display them in the book.
4. Our New Home – a book over the construction and progress of our home we built in 2009.
5. Kate’s Second Year – another book over my daughter’s life experiences.
6. Holly’s First Visit – a book about my daughter’s elf that visited for the first time this past holiday season.
7. Kate’s Third Year – I have this completed, but I am waiting until a good sale to have it printed.
You can definitely tell that I believe in the quality of the Shutterfly brand. These books are so simple to create. Click here to be directed to the photo book creating part of their Website. There are several different options you can choose from when creating one as well. You can customize your own book or let the Website create one for you. It all depends on the time you have to devote to the project and if you are tech savvy. I always do the custom path because I like to add text boxes, change the layouts, and add cute little graphics to mine.
When creating my daughter’s photo books, I always work a little each month and save it until it needs to be printed. I find it easier to gradually work on them rather than attempting to find the photos and time at the end.
Photo books are a great way to create memories and have a place to put them. For years, I put pictures in a huge tub (actually, one that I am still trying to find out what to do with) and I could never enjoy them. Now, I can carry years of pictures in one hand. Plus, if we have to go to a basement during a tornado, I can carry them along with me. ; )
I know there are many other photo book creating Websites, but I started with Shutterfly at the very beginning and love their business.