Excitement doesn’t even begin to describe the feeling I have about my master bedroom’s progress. We have come a long way since this…
My husband and I have been married 6 1/2 years and our bedroom has looked like this the whole time. The phrase that comes to mind when I think of our bedroom is THROWN TOGETHER. We have spent time and energy in every area of our house, but our bedroom. Isn’t it supposed to be the most important room?!?! I think that is what I heard Oprah say once. Well, Oprah, we are working towards that vision and we are pretty proud of the progress.
Granted, we haven’t nearly finished this area of our home, but we have made the most progress yet. And, I can’t wait any longer to share it with you.
The first major change was that we took the green table out of our entryway and moved it to the end of our bed. I had all intentions of repainting it, but I am starting to think it might blend pretty well already.
Just adding the table brightened up the room tremendously!!!
You probably remember my post about needing extra bedroom storage for blankets and throws. Well, I found an awesome trunk and it didn’t cost me a penny. I asked my mother-in-law about it and she had two. She graciously offered to give me one of hers. It has a lot of space on the inside and blends very well with my decor.
Now, here is one of the areas we are working on…
We need a small table for our lamp and I plan on recovering the bench sometime in the future.
- Down Alternative Comforter – Charter Club Superluxe Down Alternative Comforter @ Macy’s
- Duvet Comforter Set – Echo Jaipur King Size Duvet Set @ Macy’s
- Two Yellow Decorative Pillows – Echo Jaipur European Pillow Shams @ Macy’s
- End Table Lamp Bases – Threshold Double Gourd Lamp Base in Medium Shell @ Target
- End Table Lamp Shades – Threshold Trellis Print Lamp Shade @ Target
- Leopard on Right End Table – Scentsy Buddy (a gift from my sister)
- Yellow & White Lamp Shade (sitting on the floor) – Threshold Flocked Large Lamp Shade @ Target
- Lamp Base with the Yellow & White Shade – old from Kirkland’s
- Gold Metal Bench with Cream Upholstery – old from Kirkland’s
- White Vase on Green Table – see post
- Metal Cross on Black Hook on Green Table – family gift (everyone in my family has one in memory of my younger cousin who passed away)
- White Egg Tray on Green Table – Kikkerland Ceramic Egg Rack @ Amazon
- Dark Brown Woven Baskets under the End Tables – Threshold Global Small Milk Crates @ Target