It is time to take down the 2011 wish list that I created at the end of 2010, and hang up the one that I made for 2012 (I will post about that one tomorrow). This list has remained on my refrigerator the entire year, so I could look at it and remind myself of the things that I was supposed to be working on.
Here is one last picture of it!
Now, I am going to take a look at each wish, and see if I accomplished it in 2011.
1. I have come a long way with Kate. I do not get nearly as mad at her unless it is needed, but I told everyone in an earlier post that I got put on anti-depressants back in the summer. It has really helped take the edge off of my mood. I still have some more changing to do when it comes to being a good mommy, but I am well on my way!
2. I am pretty active when it comes to taking care of a little one, cleaning, doing laundry, organizing, and working. I would like to find time to walk outside every once in awhile, though.
3. My family is pretty good on the healthy food eating. We slacked off once football season and then the holidays hit, but starting January 1st, we are going back to the way we were eating.
4. I have my days! I probably still need to smile a little more. : )
5. I try to stay positive, unless the situation is one that I feel you have to be more realistic than positive. I have a problem with trying to protect myself. If I stay realistic and guarded at times, I feel I won’t get hurt nearly as much. It is one of my personality flaws! It is really hard for me to let my wall down at times. I have gotten a lot better, though. I think being a high school teacher has helped me so much! In that arena, I am always positive and open!
6. Thanks to grandparents, Nathan and I have been able to have many “date” nights with each other. It really helps with the relationship between us for sure. Sometimes we get lost in the mommy and daddy roles that we forget we are husband and wife too.
7. I still need to shop more with coupons. A lot of times, though, I will purchase the cheapest brand of something (like in trash bags, paper towels, etc.) that are cheaper than using a coupon. Lets face it… Groceries are expensive. PERIOD!!!
8. Definitely need to have more fun! Don’t have enough of that, but who does?!?!
9. I have come a long way with judging others. I don’t judge others nearly as much as I used to. I always try to think of people’s home life and what they have to go through on a daily basis. : )
10. I am very happy and blessed!!! I have a great family, home, job, friends, and health. So, I have nothing to be unhappy about.
11. I have gained perspective this year, but I still have my bad days. But, for the most part, I love my life! Sometimes, my husband has to knock me down to reality with one of his conversations. His conversations are awesome when it comes to this topic. It must be the coach in him! ; )
How did your new years resolution or goals for 2011 turn out?!?!